TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
- From 19-05-2023, 1700 hrs. to 20-05-2023, 1700 hrs Jammu Srinagar NHW remained blocked for 01 hrs 10 mins due to road maintenance work at Dalwas. C-N Tunnel closed for 04 hrs. 40 mins by Tunnel authority, making the total blockage of 05 hrs 50 mins. Also slow movement on NH-44 due to breakdown of 15 HMVs and movement of 19 nomadic flocks between Nashri and NAVYUG Tunnel.
- HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 21-05-2023:-
Subject to fair weather and road clearance, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall be liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the traffic.
CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS
To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0600 hrs. to 1100 hrs.
from Jakheni (Udhampur) 0700 hrs to 1200 hrs &
from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qzd. side) 0600 hrs to 1100 hrs.
TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
since down HMVs could not be released due to up HMVs tail delayed, subject to fair weather and better road conditions, HMVs shall be allowed from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qazigund side) towards Jammu after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
SFs Convoy Movement:-
Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. Tomorrow they may ply from Srinagar towards Jammu after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, only one way traffic from Kargil towards Srinagar shall be allowed on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumri road. These vehicles shall be allowed from Minamarg, LMVs at 0630 hrs. to 0730 hrs. followed by HMVs upto 0930 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed after cut off timing.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, only one way traffic for LMVs from Poonch towards Shopian shall be allowed on Mughal Road. These vehicles shall be allowed from Behramgalla (Buffliaz) towards Shopian at 1000 hrs. upto 1400 hrs.
People are advised to undertake journey on NH-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048, 0191- 2740550, 9419147732, 103)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396, 18001807091, 103)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road
Advisory issued today on 20-05-2023 at 2000 hrs.